Did you know that Oklahoma lays claim to having the world’s highest hill? That’s right, you heard me. HIGHEST HILL. [there’s bragging rights for everything these days!]
Cavanal Hill located near Poteau, Oklahoma proudly boasts this accolade with a sign at the base of the hill.
What separates Cavanal Hill from being known as Cavanal Mountain is a measurement of 12 inches. One, single foot.
A few years ago we took our Loveworks students on a mystery adventure trip. Pro tip: If you want to pique curiosity and keep your student engaged, plan an entire trip and keep the itinerary a mystery.
We had our students climb to the summit of Cavanal Hill and at the top we handed them each a 1ft ruler. This ruler was meant to remind each of them that the difference between being the good and great are very small.
I wish that I could give each of you reading this a ruler. But instead, I wanted to encourage you with my 12 personal mantras to encourage you to not settle to live and lead “on a hill-level”:
- Run your race. Comparison is the thief of joy. You have a race to run, so focus and stay in your lane.
- Push through the quit. Feeling like you want to quit is often an indication that you are on the right path. Keep going.
- Be consistently consistent. Showing up is half the battle.
- Find a new strength. The difference between hot water and boiling water is 1 degree. Dig deeper.
- Living is the miracle. Steward wisely the 86,400 seconds you have been given to live today.
- Progress over perfect. It’s not just about reaching the goal or dream but who you become in the process.
- If you’re doing your best, don’t worry about failure. It’s not final.
- You can endure more than you think you can.
- Ride the waves. Don’t let your highs get too high and your lows get too low.
- Victory is earned not given out. And anything worth having is worth fighting for.
- Anything is possible… if you keep dreaming and doing.
- Soli Deo Gloria. In your strength you are not enough. Have faith and friends to lift you higher.
Now, this is mountain-top living and leading!
2 Comments Add yours
Very motivational..!! Do check out mine too😊
The progress over perfect line especially resonates with me. Thanks for sharing.