What are your family traditions? What about your favorite pastimes with your closest friends? Ever thought of doing something together that would stimulate meaningful discussions and personal growth? Here is your chance!
Grab your kiddos or call up your closest friends and join us for an episode of the Dreamers & Doers Podcast!
Each Growing Together post will provide you with thought provoking questions to discuss, steps to put what you learn into action, and opportunities to share with others.
Today we are exploring how to enjoy the journey with podcaster, Eva Karpman.
Eva is the host of the top ranked Kids and Family podcast, Dream Big, which she started at the age of 7, now with over 170 episodes. Her mission is to inspire kids and adults to pursue their passions in life and take action to make their dreams a reality.
Growing up listening to podcasts with her parents on car rides to and from school, Eva got her inspiration at only 4 years old. After searching for episodes that were designed specifically for kids, they realized there weren’t many out there, especially ones led by kids themselves. She soon decided to start her own as Eva challenged herself to step outside of her comfort zone and conquer a fear of public speaking. Now, she gets to look back on both how far she’s come, as well as how much her Dream Big podcast has challenged others.
Think About It.
Before starting the podcast, share this question with those who will be watching with you.
Have you ever wanted to do something only to find out the resources you needed weren’t available?
- What would you need to create them yourself?
- Who would you need to support you?
- What new skill may you need to learn?
You are capable of doing great things, so get going!
Now that you’ve listened to the podcast, use the following questions to unpack what you learned with your family and friends.
- In order to achieve your dreams you may need to get out of your comfort zone. What is something you would like to do someday but right now is completely out of your comfort zone? What is a good first step, something new that you can try, that will take you one step closer towards achieving that goal?
- If you could have a conversation with any person, time and money aside, who would it be and why?
- Have you ever wanted to quit something you really enjoy, why? What would have or did change your mind?
- “Don’t miss the rainbow searching for the pot of gold.” As Eva put it “fall in love with the journey.” What does that mean to you?
Alright, now what? What is your next step? How can you put ONE thing you learned today into practice? Here are a few ideas!
- Get out of your comfort zone! Trying new things develops your inner strength and grows your confidence. As you keep trying, you build up your ability to persevere and you become more adaptable to change. Getting out of your comfort zone produces creativity – helps you think outside the box. Try some of these steps to move out of your comfort zone and remember tomorrow is a new day.
- Volunteer in your community.
- Create affirmation statements like, “I am fearless. I can learn something new. I will keep trying.”
- Try something new, and keep trying it until it feels comfortable.
- Ask questions, and keep asking them.
- Make a new friend.
- Say “yes” to something new.
- Find someone to keep you accountable.
- Create a list of all the things you want to learn to do! Remember, the goals you have now will continue to grow and change as you take steps to achieve them. Don’t miss out on all of the achievements you make and the opportunities to inspire others along the way.
If you heard something today that resonated with you, share it with your friends on social media. Tag @loveworksleadership. We’d love to hear from you!