Personal Growth with Michael and Carolyn
At Loveworks, we believe that one of the ways that you can become one of the best versions of yourself is to focus on personal growth. We love curating things like books, music, organizations, blogs or resources that have encouraged your personal growth.
Today, we are going to share a quick thought on how you can start to get ready for the New Year.
A way to have your best year ever is to seek out one word or key thought to focus on for the year. Follow the following steps to locate that word:
- Look in – Think heart – What one word will help me to be my best?
- Look up – Believe there is one word meant for you. If you’re open to it, it will come
- Look out – Live out your one word
Jonathan Pitts is an author, speaker and the executive pastor at Church of the City in Franklin, Tennessee. He previously served as the executive director at the Urban Alternative, the national ministry of Dr. Tony Evans. Jonathan has co-authored two books alongside his late wife, Wynter Pitts. He is also President and co-founder of For Girls Like You Ministries, an equipping and resourcing ministry for tween girls and their parents. Jonathan is the father of four daughters and was blessed with fifteen intentional years of marriage to Wynter.
JONATHAN’S ADVICE –
Get perspective. You can find joy in any circumstance you’re in if you can find perspective. Look for what you cannot see. Perspective can change how you live. Look for what is true, and right, and honorable, and pure, and lovely, and admirable, excellent and praiseworthy (Phil. 4:8). These things even exist even in your most difficult circumstances. You have the opportunity to choose to focus on these things or on what’s not going well.
- You don’t have to fit inside the box or conform to be accepted
- Think about how to cultivate dreaming AND doing
- Dreamers, put it into action because it will help you dream bigger
- Doers, take the time to dream and write down the possibilities without limits
- Perseverance and carrying on a legacy