Define Your Values | Growing Together with Cassidy Johnson
What are your family traditions? What about your favorite pastimes with your closest friends? Ever thought of doing something together that would stimulate meaningful discussions and personal growth? Here is your chance!
Grab your kiddos or call up your closest friends and join us for an episode of the Dreamers & Doers Podcast!
Each Growing Together post will provide you with thought provoking questions to discuss, steps to put what you learn into action, and opportunities to share with others.
Today we are finding out what matters most to you with Cassidy Johnson.
Cassidy is a graduate of the University of Oklahoma with a bachelor’s in Human Relations and minors in Nonprofit Organizational Studies and Spanish. She is thankful every day for the opportunity to work for Water4 and make a sustainable impact on the well-being of peoples lives. Cassidy joined the Water4 team in Spring 2021. She was previously at the Regional Food Bank of Oklahoma, where she served as a Programs Coordinator for the Food and Resource Center in Moore. She also works part-time for The University of Oklahoma’s Pride of Oklahoma Marching Band as a Game Day Guest Coordinator. Boomer Sooner!
Think About It: What is Important in Your Life?
Before starting the podcast, share this question with those who will be watching with you.
- What matters to you?
- What can you not live without?
- What inspires you to get up every morning and start your day?
Having inspiration is key to living out your day-to-day life. It will help you grow and learn that you only have one life. You need to live the best of it and that starts with being kind to yourself!
Discuss It: Loving and Knowing Yourself
Now that you’ve listened to the podcast, use the following questions to unpack what you learned with your family and friends.
- How often do you feel down about yourself? Why do you feel that way?
- What do you love about yourself? Why?
- Who/what inspires you to keep thriving? What can you do to be an inspiration to someone else?
Do it: Discover your Values
Alright, now what? What is your next step? How can you put ONE thing you learned today into practice? Here are a few ideas!
- Here are a few small steps you can do each day to be kinder to yourself: https://witanddelight.com/2021/03/11-small-ways-you-can-be-kinder-to-yourself-in-your-everyday-routines/
- Think of one positive thing you can tell yourself in the mirror when you wake up every day! Start practicing how to be kinder to yourself and others around you
- Look through this recommendation list and find your next book! https://jamesclear.com/best-books
- Check out some volunteering opportunities in Norman, OK! https://normannext.com/community-volunteer-directory/
If you heard something today that resonated with you, share it with your friends on social media. Tag @loveworksleadership. We’d love to hear from you!