What are your family traditions? What about your favorite pastimes with your closest friends? Ever thought of doing something together that would stimulate meaningful discussions and personal growth? Here is your chance!
Grab your kiddos or call up your closest friends and join us for an episode of the Dreamers & Doers Podcast!
Each Growing Together post will provide you with thought provoking questions to discuss, steps to put what you learn into action, and opportunities to share with others.
Today we are exploring how to enjoy the journey with coach, Sean McMannis.
Sean McMannis is a head soccer coach with over 17 years of coaching experience. From high schools, clubs, colleges to semi-pro, he has coached in California, Kansas, and Oklahoma. Sean holds multiple soccer licenses and earned a Master’s Degree in Coaching and Athletic Administration from Concordia University. His dedication to each player reaches beyond just the technical and tactical aspects of the game. His passion is to strengthen and shape character through sports, using brain training techniques to develop the whole player and to unite the team. Sean has been married to his partner, Raeanna McMannis, since 2007. They have 2 daughters and 1 son.
Think About It.
Before starting the podcast, share this question with those who will be watching with you.
How would you describe yourself?
- How do you handle challenges?
- What are your character traits?
- What hobbies do you enjoy?
Now that you’ve listened to the podcast, use the following questions to unpack what you learned with your family and friends.
- Identify a character trait or traits that you would like to develop. What are ways to practice and implement those traits in everyday life?
- Can you easily identify your emotions during different situations? How can you become more aware of how you feel? Why does emotional intelligence help improve your performance?
- Failure is a natural part of everything we do. How do you handle failure? How can failure help you become more successful?
Alright, now what? What is your next step? How can you put ONE thing you learned today into practice? Here are a few ideas!
- Create a list of feelings and character traits you experience in different activities. Use this list to identify positive traits that you want to improve on. Write down some ways you can strengthen these traits.
- Implement it! Take time twice a week to include an activity that will help you strengthen your character traits. This will help you create healthy habits!
If you heard something today that resonated with you, share it with your friends on social media. Tag @loveworksleadership. We’d love to hear from you!