What are your family traditions? What about your favorite pastimes with your closest friends? Ever thought of doing something together that would stimulate meaningful discussions and personal growth? Here is your chance!
Grab your kiddos or call up your closest friends and join us for an episode of the Dreamers & Doers Podcast!
Each Growing Together post will provide you with thought provoking questions to discuss, steps to put what you learn into action, and opportunities to share with others.
Today we are exploring how to turn your potential into purpose with David Skidmore.
David is an inspirational speaker and coach committed to helping people and organizations overcome challenges and experience transformation. He just published his first book, Unstuck, that serves as a guide through a simple process to help clarify, commit, and create the life you want. If you’re a music lover, there is an album that goes along with it!
Think About It.
Before starting the podcast, share this question with those who will be watching with you.
Have you ever wanted to do something but had no idea how to do it?
- What could you do today to help clarify what step you need to take to learn how to do it?
- Is there anything you need to change in your life to commit to learning how to do what you want to do?
- What tools can you create to help you along the way?
“Shoot for the moon and you may end up in the mud. Shoot for the stars and you’ll end up on the moon!”
Now that you’ve listened to the podcast, use the following questions to unpack what you learned with your family and friends.
- Have you ever experienced pressure from something that completely overwhelmed you? What did you learn? Did it help you grow?
- Have you ever discovered a new passion while doing something you didn’t think you’d enjoy? Clarity for what you enjoy comes from trying new things.
- The last year has been challenging for everyone but there are always opportunities despite the obstacles. What is something you were able to do during this past year that you wouldn’t have been able to do if things hadn’t changed so drastically?
Alright, now what? What is your next step? How can you put ONE thing you learned today into practice? Here are a few ideas!
- Write it down. What is something you really want to do? What obstacles are in your way? What needs to change? What do you need help with? How will you feel when you finally do that something you really want to do?
- Get out there and do something! Remember, your passions are waiting to be discovered while you are doing something else. Say “yes” to the next invite to do something new.
- Purchase David’s book and listen to his album!
If you heard something today that resonated with you, share it with your friends on social media. Tag @loveworksleadership. We’d love to hear from you!